Locker Associates specializes in strategic research, financial analysis and comprehensive planning to help unions and other progressive organizations win campaigns, navigate difficult businesses situations, and build power for their members.
Over the last 38 years, we have directed more than 250 strategic efforts in support of organizing, bargaining, plant closure aversions and other initiatives spanning the construction, transportation, distribution, manufacturing, service and public sectors.
We bring to our clients a deep understanding of how businesses and industries work. We helped industrial unions deal with deindustrialization and preserve work by founding employee-owned firms. We’ve served as the investment advisor to employees during the establishment of employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs). And we’ve provided in-depth analyses of companies and markets for more than 100 strategic campaigns.
Our combination of strategic acumen and financial and business expertise makes us uniquely qualified to serve clients by:
- conducting in-depth research of industries and businesses, identifying sources of leverage and helping unions design powerful organizing, bargaining and fight-back campaigns;
- representing unions in strategic planning and workplace reorganization and bankruptcy;
- facilitating ownership transitions to secure the long-term viability of a business;
- leading joint labor/management business improvement initiatives;
- preparing comprehensive campaign plans for community-based groups seeking to use leverage to organize for progressive change;
Locker Associates also produces a monthly newsletter, Steel Industry Update, borne of our decades of experience analyzing the steel industry.